What's New in RPM 3.4
The goal of this version was to add some small, but valuable features to process management before we start on the long development of 4.0. This version also includes fixes for some minor issues in the previous version.
Complete form history
A complete audit trail for each form in process management. Every change to the form is stored including what was done, who did it, how it was done, and the actual data value. The history list for a form can be filtered by field and downloaded to Excel.
Unread field highlight
When changes are made to fields those unread fields are highlighted for the other participants.
Also the participants web box indicates if each participant has read the form since changes were made.
Unread form email notification
When a change is made to a form the other participants are notified by email. Each user can specify their own email notification preferences such as which processes to receive notices for. Until the user views the changes notified about, further changes don't send additional emails. Also, only changes the user can see are changed so, for example, agent users don't receive notifications for changes to hidden fields. Finally, email notifications aren't sent on archived forms.
By default email notification is on for every user, but turned off at the subscriber level. To start using email notification go to settings > Information management > Email notification.
Per process staff privileges
Control staff user access to processes by privilege. This can be done from the role privileges page or the process permissions page.
We have modified the commission management portion of RPM so that it can be turned off. This will allow us to offer a process management only version of the application.
We've also added:
- Agency & customer lookups. You can access these tools from the search menu in the top frame. Use them to look up an agency or customer by selecting from a list filtered by the letters you start typing. Staff users only.
- Excel download on the "By supplier" and "By agency" commission totals pages.
- Excel download on the & gross commission audit "By supplier" and "Items" pages.
- The time taken to display each page is now shown at the bottom. This will help you give us accurate performance metrics.
- Customer city & website linked columns for process views.
- Form import speed improvements.
- Pop-up help tips have been added on some pages for easy access to explanations. Just click the blue help icon when you see it.
We fixed various bugs and usability issues in this release, here are some that you may have noticed:
- 7263, 7256 - Search rep was not finding certain existing reps.
- 7260 - Process search wasn't including results from customer references.
- 7250 - Increase text length for description fields.
- 7247 - It was possible to edit deposits of a just-closed run through history link.
- 7242 - If there was only 1 form number lookup result the select a form page always goes to that 1 form.
- 7241 - Action required day was determined by GMT, not user's chosen time zone.
- 7240 - View crashes when a date filter was edited and year not entered.
- 7239 - Long field text was truncated in the view grid (good) but also in the download (bad).
- 7224 - Grammar & helpfulness of system error messages needed improvement.
- 7223 - Blank spaces and extra line breaks in the Excel file can result in rep IDs & accounts that looked like duplicates.
- 7222 - Editing only the capitalization of a field name would result in duplicate name error.
- 7219 - IE window title didn't always match page title (important for favorites). This screenshot shows the fixed version:
- 7209, 7134, 7112 - Various improvements to focus (where the cursor starts out after a page is loaded) and "enter" key control (Hit enter to accept & continue).
- 7174 - Search customers was including customers in the recycle bin.
- 7170 - Synchronizing a hidden multi-select list field could erase the options.
- 7137 - The "complete" method of the form import could crash if a status level was being imported.
- 7122 - "Required to start" multi-select list fields could lose their options.
- 7121 - Renaming multi-select list fields in the template could cause the value of the existing fields in the forms to be lost after synchronization.
- 7116 - The subscriber "Commission run history" page should include gross commission and profit columns.
- 7115 - After deleting a form the user was returned to the "All" view, not last used view.
- 7109 - By changing the run while editing adjustments it was possible to move an old adjustment to the open run.
- 7099 - Clicking the bread crumb link on the form details page would not return to the last view used like clicking back does.
- 7098 - The "Archive & delete" privilege shows "No" for super users when really it is always "Yes".
- 7090 - Viewing a form while someone was doing a form import of the same process could show an error instead of the form.
- 7087 - While entering list options clicking "Finish" without clicking "OK" for the option would not save that option. Now the "Finish" button is disabled while an option is being added.
- 7086 - Entering an invalid money amount required entering "0.00" to clear the resulting lone "$" in the field.
- 6893 - Changing the type of some fields in the template could result in the value of the existing fields in the forms to be lost after synchronization.
Here's a summary of things that have been changed in this release:
- Template permissions had to be changed to allow for separate privileges per staff role. Those are done on the same page as the agent permissions for the template, but we've separated out a master template "On/Off" so the process can be taken down during editing. By default a new template is "Off" because we don't want users starting forms from it until it is ready.
- Synchronize forms has been improved to correctly distinguish archived forms. We've also simplified the interface.
- The processes web box on details page (i.e. an Agency) now separately links archived and regular forms. Unfortunately, due to performance issues, it no longer indicates the count. Example: It indicates there are orders for this agency, but not how many.
- The delete button on the "Edit action" page has been moved inside the wizard because on wide screens it was being missed where it was all the way on the right.
- The "Add attachment" wizard has been shortened from 3 pages to 2 by combining the description and agent permission options on one page.
- Form history web box can now show age in addition to the dates. Also, in addition to "Started" and "Modified" there is now a "Current status" as well.
- The process view "Added" column is now properly called "Started".
The developer spec page is here: Rockefeller